What Are Medical Grade Peels at Equinox?
Over the years, chemical peels have become a popular non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment. As we get older, our body’s natural rejuvenation process slows down. This includes the natural turnover of dead skin cells, which are replaced by new cells. As a result, the complexion appears dull as wrinkles, sun damage and “age spots” become more visible. Equinox medical grade peel treatments increase the skin’s natural skin cell turnover rate while combating the visible changes that come with ageing. The result is smoother, brighter, more even-looking youthful skin.
Chemical peels are not all created equal. Different formulations are designed to treat various concerns.
- The Lactobotanical peel series is a powerful yet gentle and potentially superior alternative to traditional Glycolic Acid peels .
- The Salicylic Based Peels series (an unbuffered modified Jessner’s style peel) is a powerful yet gentle and potentially superior alternative to traditional Salicylic Peels, formulated with certified organic non genetically modified ingredients wherever possible.
- The Age Defining Peel series combines professional strength Beta Hydroxy Acids with red wine extracts and pure certified organic cocoa.
- The Complete Pigment Peel combines the powerful skin renewal and clarifying action of professional strength alpha and beta hydroxyl acids to lift away the accumulated layers of dull, discoloured cells.
- The Vita A Medical Strength Anabolic peels are used to reverse the signs of ageing, increase the skins natural exfoliation and stimulate collagen and elastin production.
What Skin Concerns Are Treated by Medical Grade Peels?
- Acne, congestion & breakouts
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Overall dull complexions
- Skin pigmentation issues (such as age spots and uneven skin tone)
What is the Down Time Following Equinox Medical Grade Peels?
It is a common misconception that professional peels must always be aggressive solutions in high percentages that result in excessive visible peeling, scabbing and downtime to obtain quick results. At Equinox we minimise the down time following this treatment by using the purest forms of clinically tested lactic acid, salicylic acid, vitamin A and enzymes ingredients in all our skin seels.
Post Treatment Care
- No additional products on skin for at least 3 hours
- Avoid Exfol A Plus Serum or other preparations containing AHA’s, BHA’s, Retinoids or exfoliants for at least 72 hours.
- Apply broad spectrum sunscreen (Aspect Dr. Hydro-Shield Sunscreen)
- Aspect™ GOLD Post Treatment Balm is advised if the patient is experiencing a lot of flaking and dryness.
- Hyaluronic Serum and Redless are strongly recommended to maintain dermal comfort and may be applied as often as required. Note: Both are “non comedogenic”
Have You Thought About Other Treatments?
Being a part of Equinox Elite Club gives you access to amazing savings and a monthly Equinox signature microdermabrasion. To maximize the results, you can upgrade it to a medical grade peels treatment for $25. Visit the Equinox Elite Club page to find out more about our amazing deals.