PDO Thread Face Lift
What is a PDO thread face-lift?
Traditionally, the only reliable treatment available for loose face and neck skin was to undergo a surgical face-lift .Now PDO threads offer a non-surgical, injectable alternative to a surgical facelift. PDO therapy is an effective non-surgical cosmetic technique that lifts and tighten sagging skin tissues initially with the threads and then by inducing collagen production. It involves the implantation of fine, absorbable polydioxanone threads (similar to those used in medical suturing) into the subcutaneous layer of the skin using small needles. These threads remain implanted in the skin causing micro-injuries that stimulate collagen synthesis and tissue contraction. After six months, the threads will be absorbed into the body leaving new collagen in their place.
Why use PDO threads?
As we age, the face naturally loses collagen and elasticity, bone structures change, volume is lost and decreased collagen and poor skin elasticity can lead to sagging cheeks and a tired, aged look. PDO therapy is an effective cosmetic technique that lifts and tighten sagging skin tissues by inducing collagen production.
By using a variety of PDO threads, we can stimulate volume, repositioning and tightening of the skin. Sagging jawlines can become firmer with a more regular contour, and cheeks can be elevated to a more youthful position.
The benefits of a PDO Thread Lift
- Immediate natural lifting effect
- Progressive restoration of lost collagen
- Temporary but long-lasting results
- Improvement over time
- Minimal downtime
- Can be used in conjunction with other aesthetic treatments
Where can PDO threads be used?
PDO threads can be used for
- Cheek and mid face lifting
- Eyebrow lifting
- Lower face ,jawline, jowls and neck lifting
- Nasolabial fold reduction(nose to mouth lines)
- Marionette lines (corners of the mouth)
- Refining lips borders and reducing lip lines
- Nose projection and elevation
- Generalised skin tightening and rejuvenation
There are two types of threads offered by Equinox –
Mono threads for
- skin rejuvenation
- skin tightening
- correction of fine lines or wrinkles
- improvement in skin texture
- Defining the lip borders to complement and extend the effects lip fillers.
And Cog threads for
- Reduction of mild to moderate skin laxity by providing mechanical support and physically lifting sagging tissue.
What does PDO thread face-lift involve?
After the initial consultation and treatment plan, local anesthetic is injected into the treatment area. The PDO thread will then be introduced using a cannula or micro-needle in the required area. Your face will feel numb and your mouth may be asymmetrical for a few hours, similar to when you have dental treatments . Treatment time depends on many factors and size of treatment area, but can take between 30 -60 minutes.
What are the side effects?
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks and the possibility of side effects; these can include injection site redness,stinging, pain, firmness, swelling, lumps or bumps, bruising, itching and tightness in the face .
All side effects and risks will be discussed in detail at your consultation.
What is the down time and after care following a thread face lift or rejuvenation?
Generally, you will be able to resume normal activities immediately after treatment; however, it is recommended that you do not have treatment prior to important engagements in the event that you encounter any side effects. There are some specific restrictions immediately following treatment and aftercare is extremely important in preventing unwanted side effects of the PDO thread face lift or rejuvenation and to ensure optimal results.
It is recommended that clients avoid:
- Exercise for at least seven days after treatment
- Avoid exposure to the sun
- Refrain from opening our mouth too wide for at 3-4 weeks
- Refrain from using saunas and hot baths, as this will increase the swelling and the possibility of bruising.
When will I see the results?
Treatment results can be seen immediately and can last up to 12 months. For best results, repeat treatments are recommended and threads are best used in combination with other facial rejuvenation procedures available at Equinox.